Careers at Data Track Technology
Full Stack Web Developer or Front-end Developer
Based in our Christchurch office
The role will cover the development and maintenance of the web-interfaces on the entire Data Track product range. The candidate will ideally have the following skills:The following is a description of the main duties of the Web C# Developer. It is not a full description of all the duties/responsibilities that such a person might reasonably be expected to perform.
- Capture and document requirements.
- Create and document designs and develop prototypes.
- Expected to understand database schemas and data types.
- Liaise with department and team members throughout the development lifecycle.
- Produce and test solutions based on a set of requirements and/or design.
- Write code primarily in C# with supporting languages such as HTML, SCSS, JS and jQuery.
- Test your own developments to a satisfactory level to gain your confidence in its’ effectiveness and correctness.
- Adhere to our coding conventions.
- To work either as a team member or autonomously on any project.
- Take responsibility for your own work and be confident in your developments’ ability to solve the problem in hand and produce code that is as bug free as possible.
- Take part in and contribute to product development, departmental and team meetings.
- Seek assistance, when necessary, from other department and team members.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Software Development Manager.
Requirements for a Web C# Developer
- Have a degree in a software engineering related subject.
- Have a good understanding of relational database design and use.
- Have a good understanding of MVC.
- Have a good understanding of CSS (pre-processors, media queries and frameworks).
- Some competency in PHP and Joomla will be an advantage.
- Have the skills to capture requirements, create designs and prototypes, produce and test solutions based on a design.
- Be able to work confidently under pressure, meet deadlines, use your own initiative, work effectively as a member of a team and have good communication skills.
- Development is primarily project based in Visual Studio 2017 using Entity Framework, MVC and MS-SQL back-end.
- Ongoing maintenance on our PHP website will form a small part of the role.
- We are looking to recruit either a full-stack web developer or a front-end developer that can work with existing back-end developers.
H R Department
Data Track Technology Ltd
153 Somerford Road